Dear St. Luke friends,
On this 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Christ comes to us as our compassionate and merciful Savior who promises us the bountiful harvest of His vineyard. Through His Cross, Christ sacrificed His life to cultivate us as His precious vine. Although at times, we might turn away from God and dismiss His divine call, He never gives up on us. Christ continues to offer Himself in atonement for our sins. He sparks hope within us and provides all we need to return to His life of grace.
Christ has given us His sacraments to make us His fertile plants. Through the Eucharist and Reconciliation, our emptiness is filled, our hunger is nourished, our brokenness is healed and our sinful soul is restored. Each time we gather around the Eucharistic banquet of the Lord, either in our St. Luke Church or virtually at home, the Holy Spirit comes to live in us, and waters our hearts to make us bloom and grow in God's love and holiness. The Holy Spirit unites us with our brothers and sisters in Christ who are our companions in our faith pilgrimage.
Thanking God for all His bountiful gifts, which include all of you. Let the graces which God lavishes upon us through His sacraments empower us to love and serve God and our neighbor and bear fruit for His kingdom.
Rev. Jonathan Paala
1) WEEKEND MASSES will now be CELEBRATED in the MAIN CHURCH on SATURDAYS - 8:30am and 5:00pm and SUNDAYS - 8:00am and 10:00am. No signing up required.
2) Starting October 5, 2020, we will be having 8:30am MORNING MASSES, Monday through Saturday.
3) In commemoration of St. Francis of Assisi’s Feast Day, we will have a BLESSING OF PETS this coming Sunday, October 4, at 12:00 noon.
4) Next weekend's second collection is for our Parish Skip-A-Meal Program. Thank you for your generous support.
5) You are required to submit your CONSENT FORM (please click here to download and print) each time you attend Mass. This is in compliance with the San Mateo Health Officer's guideline and will serve as a waiver to limit St. Luke's liability and will be used for contact tracing purposes. Forms will be kept confidential and will be discarded after 45 days.